The Templeton Senior Community Center coordinates and operates senior-oriented social and educational programs and training, and provides many services which include information, referrals, and advocacy to many outside resources. There is no membership fee!
The Council on Aging Board is an advisory board to the Senior Services Department. For Board information, click here.
The Templeton Senior Services publishes a newsletter every month. The newsletter is full of important information such as a monthly calendar of events, educational programs and much more. Templeton resdients can ask to have the newsletter mailed directly to them or it can be accessed via the newsletter link located on the left side of this page.
Seniors or disabled residents can arrange for transportation to medical appointments, grocery shopping, or to attend programs, exercise classes, the bank, hairdresser/barber, & luncheons. Voluntary contributions are always greatly appreciated and help offset the cost of providing these valuable services. The Senior Center has an extensive volunteer program which includes Activity helpers, Friendly Visitors, Buddy Program (appointmnet/recovery buddy - sit and chat and keep company while waiting before or after an appointment) and many more. Please contact the Senior Center if you are interested in volunteering.
To schedule a ride with the Senior Center Call (978) 894-2780
Local Shopping Trips
- Call by 12:30 pm at least 1 business day prior to your trip to make your reservation. All our trips are shared rides.
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: 9:00 am to 2:30 pm
- Reservations for the next day will not be accepted after 12:30 pm
- Monday trips must be reserved by noon on Friday (please leave a VM if we do not answer)
- Out of Town: Tuesday and Thursday: by Appointment
- Out of town medical appointments are taken on a first come, first serve basis. Please note that transportation may be limited. We will strive to accommodate as many people as possible.
|Jackie Prime||Community Services Director|